E-mail your contributions *here*

10 January 2010

Happy New Year to All for 2010

Late Happy New Year I Know.


Which could possibly mean:

a) I have had my own head up my ass.
b) I couldn't be bothered to write any more.
c) Felt like giving up Izmir Blog. "It's good putting input in, but it is always good to get output from other Izmir individuals or people in the know."
d) Too pissed from the New Year Merriments. "I doubt it somehow."
e) I have domuz gribi (swine flu) and I am over inflating the effects like the W.H.O. "I expected to catch this flu before January started and like 50% of the world be on my last legs."
f) I have like the rest of Europe been trapped in my country cottage next to a blazing open fire with only my beau and her naked body to keep me company on those -20 degrees nights. "Yeah right, in Izmir where today's temperature was like a mini barmy winter heatwave."
or
g) Have lost both of my hands in a severe present wrapping accident that has rendered me useless on a keyboard.
i) After losing both my hands in a severe present wrapping accident and discovering how to type with my toes, I also was rendered footless in a severe jogging accident in which my good typing toes were caught in a dog-leash rendering my newly taught typing toes a total typist's disaster. Peter piper picked a pepper....

Ok, all of the above is a bulls@@t but if there are any new kids on the block who fancy sharing their experiences on this here Izmir blog. Anything that you think foreign visitors as well as some locals may be interested in too, drop us a line at the top email address. I am running out of material and in that case maybe letter-a above was correct.

To one and all, a very very Happy New Year and Hope everyone's year is better than last year 2009.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read your blog, but don't often have time to post. It has been very useful to me, though. I noticed, however, that at some point all of your old posts were deleted. I had gone back looking for some information (sorry, I don't remember what I was looking for at this point), and the posts were all gone. I was sad about that!
Thanks for taking your time to share with us!

Izmir Blogger said...

About the old posts being deleted this may have been temporarily because everything is still there as checked. If you take a look on the right hand side of the blog there is a blog archive where you can go all the way back to the first blogger who blogged here also there is a Izmir Blog internal links section with all the links but in alphabetical order rather than month order and finally at the top left hand side of the page there is a search box, you should be able to search here for individual words mentioned. Thanks for reading and nice to see that there are people out there that do read. I know there are but they are sometimes hiding in the cracks and not very forthcoming. Give me your opinions and stories and tips, random acts of kindness to help another citizen in need of help on the sometimes lonely streets of Izmir.

Anonymous said...

Thanks! I will try to be better about posting in 2010 :) Maybe even become a "follower"!