E-mail your contributions *here*

18 July 2006

Welcome!

Just as a first, be patient 'cause I'm new to this! -as well as being new to the city, the country and the language ;-)

I'll be adding things as they come in/happen... so check in soon!

If you have a question about Izmir, contact us, we'll do our best to help.

If you have a tip about housing, hairdressers, doctors, eating out, shopping, markets, fitness, administration, you name it!

Interested in joining the editorial team of Izmir Blog?
e-mail us or post a comment

Not quite sure about all this?
Learn more about Izmir Blog, check our FAQ

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to see another blog about Turkey having started up. I came here via a post on Global Voices online in which your blog is mentioned.

Good luck,
From an expat in Ankara

Anonymous said...

Thank-you for the encouragement!

Please continue to send in any comments, ideas, feed-back you may have. We want to know what you think!

Could you send me the link to the Global Voices online where you saw the Blog mentioned. I'm really interested to see it.

Thanks for reading & come back soon!
Izmir Blogger
izmir.info@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Hi, Im looking for a good hairdressers in Izmir and dont even know where to start. I live in Cesme and have been to a salon here but they're just not trained to the standard that they are in UK. I want highlights so if you know of a good salon that will colour my hair without turning it peroxide white please let me know.

Many thanks
DomInCesme

Izmir Blogger said...

Hi Dom in Cesme!
Yes, indeed... I see your problem. I had highlights done shortly after arriving here and did not enjoy the experience and found the result to blond too my taste. I did, however, find a hairdresser who I thought was better than the first one I tried. The lady worked in Germany for over 20 years as a hairdresser and her name is Mucize (means miracle in Turkish). She works in Konak Pier, in a place called "cut Diba" (enter Konak Pier from the left/side entrance and the hairdresser is on your left opposite a shop called "Vestel". Tel:(0232)446 04 51 - but no need to call to make an appointment, just pop in. A piece of advice, especially if you don't speak fluent Turkish - a picture is worth a thousand words. Take a photograph or pic from a magazine to show the color result you want.
Good luck and let us know how it went! ;-)